Protecting the Environment
The metals used in all of our products are made in the USA and treated and refined in an sensitive manner. Our primary metals supplier has undertaken efforts to ensure that its products do not harm the community, the workers or the environment. Our supplier has:
- eliminated harmful cadmium from the solders, twenty years before this became common practice.
- conducted routine consumption audits of their buildings reducing energy consumption over 30% in the last ten years.
- their refineries recycle silver and gold from a variety of sources winning numerous environmental awards over the years.
- replaced toxic solvents from their cleaning processes with biodegradable soap.
- built a megawatt commercial solar array to supply most of the company’s power with nearly five acres of its own solar panels.
Items we don’t manufacture ourselves are carefully sourced whenever possible from companies that also use reclaimed/recycled metals. We have also undertaken efforts to make our workplace more environmentally friendly through waste and metal recycling. All of our packaging is made from recycled materials.
A Living Wage
Ilsa Loves Rick is dedicated to small batch jewelry production and providing jobs in our community. Our artisans are trained metal smiths who take great care in crafting every piece of jewelry in the Ilsa Loves Rick line. We take pride in our made in America status and in supporting the Maker movement, in providing work for trained artists, and in paying our employees a living wage.