Your Ilsa Loves Rick jewelry is made of the highest quality gold fill; it will not chip or flake, and will wear like solid gold for years with the right care. Below are our recommendations for caring for your jewelry; they are best practices that will keep all of the darlings in your jewel box in great condition.
- if you are not wearing your pieces every day (which is rarely the case), store your pieces in a jewelry box or pouch
- proper storage helps to prevent oxidation and scratching of metal
- when wearing leather products, apply perfume before putting on your pieces as vegetable tanned leathers may stain
- DO NOT polish any of the oxidized chains or elements as you will remove the intentional dark coloring
- to polish, use a soft commercial jewelry polishing cloth and gently rub onto jewelry
- alternatively, jewelry can be cleaned using mild soap and water or toothpaste applied with finger tips or soft cloth
- always make sure your jewelry is dry before placing it in storage